Side Window Replacement
Most vehicle side windows are made of heat strengthened (tempered) glass. When it breaks it shatters completely and may or may not fall completely from the opening. Immediate replacement is important to protect the vehicle from the weather and for security. If your side window cracked without shattering you have what the industry calls "acoustical" glass. Found on some of the higher end cars such as BMW, Lexus and Mercedes this laminated glass is meant to further deaden sound for a quieter interior. We replace those too. Aftermarket tint will also somewhat hold the broken tempered glass in place but is not reliable.
In all cases, Our Lloyd's Certified technicians will:
- Remove door panel to access operating mechanism and inspect.
- Determine cause of glass failure and advise if mechanical issues exist.
- Vacuum all broken glass from inside the door AND inside the vehicle's interior.
- Install a new side window properly.
- Test the window operation, lubricate and adjust.
- Replace the door panel.
- Clean the glass thoroughly.
The average side window replacement usually takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours and can be done in our Fort Walton Beach location or by convenient mobile service to your home or office.
We have Service Centers in most areas of Northwest Florida.
If you do not see a location near you listed below please call us at
MOBILE SERVICE AVAILABLE IN MOST CASES